Howdy!

It's Texas, baby!

This is a page created to share a lit bit about the time I am spending in Austin. How did I, a teacher from Southern Brazil (São Leopoldo), get here? Read on and I will tell you everything!

It all started back in the end of 2019, when the Brazilian government announced the opportunity I had been waiting for a long time: to study at a university in the United States. I immediatelly applied and some weeks later my application was accepted.

As all very good adventure stories, there was a set back just around the corner. I am sure you can already imagine what I am talking about. That's right, Covid reached all parts of the globe and the program was put on stand by. That was pretty frustrating, but I was obviously more worried about keeping me and my family healthy.

Those two enduring pandemic years passed by and we survived one challenge after the other. Getting back to school was definetely hard. We learned how to deal with students who were depressed, anxious, and excited in our classes. We teachers had to re-educate ourselves to be there for them.

Then 2022 arrived and with it wonderful news; the program was reactivated and those who still wanted to participate had to reapply. I am sure I was one the first ones to do that. After taking a TOEFL test, gathering documents, waiting, waiting, and waiting a bit more it finally happened.

That's how I got to Austin and I can't wait to tell you everything I have been learning here.

Feel free to comment telling me your experiences. 

Bye :) 

Comments

  1. Beautiful history, You write good, you put more details for your readers. We get to travel in your jorney until to Texas. I am happy to your conquist!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

San Antonio, the Mexican Texas

First week in Austin

American Way of Life