San Antonio, the Mexican Texas

 

Ou Venicean Texas?
Or the Venetian Texas?

I fell in love with San Antonio. Actually, falling in love with this charming city is pretty easy. I bet most people feel the same when they first put their eyes on it. What makes San Antonio so enchanting?

First of all, the Mexican influence on the city is visible everywhere and it offers its buildings and streets a special touch. In contrast to Austin's style, San Antonio looks more festive and thriving. This impression of mine was helped by a beautiful sunny day, obviously. Still, I think people can have fun even if it's raining there.


The riverwalk and its cute bridges.

Then there is the riverway. I learned from the boat ride that part of it is the river natural flow and part of it was made by men, based on a project from a very young architect, if I am not mistaken. It made me think of all the investment a city can make and offer something so visually impressive not only to tourists but also to its residents. My city is also by a river and just recently the administration started to promote events around it. I was thinking how wonderful it would be if we could also have a place like this to walk around and to enjoy back home.

I wish I could have stayed a little bit longer to enjoy the nightlife. There are so many bars by the riverwalk and most of them looked really interesting and fun. 





Comments

  1. Dear Carol, both of us loved San Antonio. I totally agree with you when you write about “enjoying the nightlife there”. Uau! It would be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fantastic experience! The city is beautiful and it very historical. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you can go back and stay for a couple of days! it's very beautiful at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this city! It was an incideble day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First week in Austin

American Way of Life